Friday, December 31, 2004

anyways

It is a short day today at work. Much needed after the long night last night at home (sorry Alison&Ian). I am being dragged up to the mountain this evening to spend the new year with my bff and then some random folks who will probably, most likely be on drugs. The silly kind of drugs that make other people look like rainbows. I will not do the drugs because I'm just not that type of fun, but I will laugh and write away the night in a corner somewheres all the while missing my sweetie and trying to push teen movies out of my paranoid head.
My dear friend of 10 years is moving back home today and I am sad. I know that all will be well and he will be a grand success but I will miss knowing that he is here, only a whimper away. So be it. We are forever friends from the same stock, our roots grow to deep to be forgotten. Still, I will miss his company. Let's hear it for the boy, raise your glasses to the Dalby!
And on that note, a few resolutions for the newness of the year: Be kinder, gentler, and try for grace. Drink less, smoke less, eat better, see a therapist. Call mom more often. Practice patience and maintain budget. Laugh more often, and tell people you love them. Drink more tea.
Love in the new year friends, take a cab home tonight. They are vultures!

No comments: