Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Great Friday

It’s good Friday or as Katie Couric would have it, “Great Friday”. I am awake every morning, wide awake at 7 AM. I have taken to a routine whereby I check in with the Today show for the date and day. (today for example, is Friday, FYI.) Then I check my email, read my blogs, and the NYT. Then, excitedly I stare at my book with the TV on mute because actual reading now has become complicated and only reminds me of freedom. This whole time mind you I am anxious for 10 AM to turn on NPR and listen to Talk Nation. Once Talk Nation and Fresh Air wrap up I am back where I started, in bed, staring at the wall. Such is my lot, but it won’t be long now and next week I am quite busy with 4 doctor visits and a Dateline special on Sunday featuring Mike J Fox…quite busy. Maybe today I will mix it up and make it a Great Friday… Maybe I’ll put on a movie or play Solitaire, who knows…it’s my oyster.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Maybe because of my absence from the faith of my parents, good friday has passed by my radar today until I read your blog. Such a strange phenomenon to look at traditions which have long since made an exit from your circle of notice. I had such a great time today making cards, talking about free choice and blind faith, the idiosynchasies of partners and the frustrations of work. The time passed so quickly and while meditations and sacraments can sometimes be good, the religion of art and a good friend is almost always enough to get me through.