Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I heart Paris

Because my parents never sent me to Europe or offered me money for silly things like college I suppose I am on the low end of the stick class-wise and will remain at that low end till death catches up.
In conversation with an old friend today I realized more so than ever that I am on the other side of the tracks, or maybe just his tracks. I'm sure Prague and Italy are 'must sees' and I would love Paris in the springtime, but does it make me less of a person for not having the time or trust fund to go? Does this really measure my intellect,my worth? In my defense I have actually paid for my on-again-off-again schooling, and have worked good and hard for every penny I waste at the bar and Goodwill. It is my contention that the best education is a life long siege of heartbreak, excitement, falling in and out of love, and other grand mistakes. Character is not built on a campus or during a winter break. A person should not be defined by how quickly they can accumulate credit hours. It is hard to understand simplicity. It is a foreign notion to him that I want nothing more than my little life and the lovely people/cats who wander in and out of it. Eventually he will. It will smack him in the face, kick him in the ass, and beg him for a laugh. Until that day comes I will linger here with my bitter tears and wait for my apology.

No comments: