Friday, March 18, 2005

How do like them apples

There is something to be said for being single. When I was single my writing was prolific and constant. It was filled with fabulous nights, horrible outcomes, and sensationally bad sex. It was gritty and sometimes sad. I had a great tragic single life. I loved it.
Nowadays my writing is wilted, boring, and dull. Sometimes it's sad. I feel wiped out. I don't share much about my relationship, it is private, thankfully. I am very guarded by it, and of it.This town is small and can pose as relentless at times. My home/family takes up a majority of my time, energy, and heart. In turn the writing takes quite the beating (especially in this forum). It is doomed to follow a useless trend; plucking for apples. Shit shit shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go through the exact same thing - though I do post about my relationship. The good parts anyway. Not that my relationship is bad. It's superb! But it is interesting to note the things I'll share and the things I won't.

And yes, writing is easier when there's more frustration to dwell on.

...sigh...

I may have been a better writer when I was single, but I'm happier now.