Friday, March 18, 2005

my mess of a future

The mere suggestion that I am returning to school has thrown me into a full blown panic attack. It has rendered me shaken. I hated school. All of it. Even recess. And school hated me. We did not/do not, play well together.
So when I decided to go balls out, white flags blarring, back to this broken relationship I dived right in. I am taking a loss of hours at work, I am becoming a Part time employee for which I have never been. I am without benefits as of 3/31, for which I have never been, and I am unsure of myself for which I have rarely never been. Yes yuppers, I am breaking out of myself to repair my broken past. 9 more credits to go, why stop there? Why not do 2 more years and sacrifice the whole damn lot? For graphic design of all things.
I'd like to say this is all an act of tremendous courage. It's not. This is a reaction to working 40 + hours a week in a cubicle determined to just get by. So it's time for a grand compromise and a major paycut. Wishing my newly poor ass luck one day at a time.

No comments: