Thursday, May 19, 2005

Swan Island is a funny little place indeed.

. This morning came and went with yet another interview for another job I don’t want, but will probably accept seeing as how my options are slim. The complication here is that I am over-qualified without a degree leaving me swift in the middle of the road. Employers don’t want middle of the road. Thus far my experience has taught me that in order to be employable one must appear utterly deficient of original thought or have the words “Asshole with degree” tattooed on their forehead. Either way I am close to the second and hopefully far from the first. Checking in with the Euge this weekend should prove distracting. I have a party to attend, and some drinks to drink, some late hours to keep. Fortunately my love hate relationship with Eugene is solid and no where near the middle of the road. I love the folks and hate the place. It’s simple. I like simple. I miss simple.

No comments: