Friday, June 03, 2005

lil Bix

im a gonna

I'm going to make myself the ultimate cheet sheet and send it to myself
with
illusions of love.
I'm going to walk in the shoes of my father and love football, Notre
Dame;
the grand fight.
I'm going to seek out new places and old faces where the past becomes
viable; that I might meet the dead.
I'm going to sing old songs, love songs. Sinatra and Bing, Louie and
the
blues.
I'm going to capture a little of that glory and fight with the best of
'em
to keep the boss alive.
I'm going to placate every living morsel of old times and discard the
ones
not worth living...
Because there were indeed times not worth living...yet I'm still alive
and
kicking.
I'm going to drown my sorrows and be miserable tomorow but live awake
today
to seek another way to love.

No comments: